Monday, March 29, 2010

Writing Anthology 29.03.10

North clusters swimming
Excited the day had arrived Northern Cluster swimming which is an event that happens every year. All of the competitive swimmers come to race. You can enter in a variety of events like backstroke, breaststroke, freestyle, butterfly, and relays.
So here we are looking all flash in our Roslyn School tracksuits, nervously waiting for our events. We are told to stay silent until our heats. We are trying to keep our fears in side our stomach but the butterflies just keep turning.
Finally I get called, nervously walking towards the man, wearing a white top black pants and a pair of sandals, and with lot of facial hair. He tells me what lane, I am in I went and sat down. I was glad that the girl I was racing, I knew because we use to do swimming lessons together.
Finally, my turn. I slowly move towards the diving block. The whistle sounded and I stepped up on to the diving block, my heart pounding out of my chest. The man on the side of the pool yelled out, “MARKS! SET!” Then a very loud horn sounded. As the horn rang in my ear I dived. We were neck and neck, I became closer to the wall I flip myself over but on my way over I missed the wall which caused me to get behind.
I powered myself as hard as I could toward the end of the pool. Catching up to her pushing through the water my arms and legs felt like they were going to drop off. Reaching the wall, but unfortunately, I lost by one arm stroke, I pulled myself out of the water and congratulated my opponent. Feeling successful I looked around.

3 comments:

  1. Nice story sullana cant wate to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your story suli you used great words to describe how you felt. It gave me butterflies in my tummy, talk about nerve racking just like being in the 3rd form again. Keep up the great work love ya Mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice story suli i hope to see more great storys because they are good

    ReplyDelete